To my loverly friends, I have recently come upon a interesting point of view. And that is a view of someone who may or may not-depending on how it goes-be leaving the fold that I've known so long. That fold-singledom. I know I know. But sometimes things cannot be helped.
One of the things that is impossibly scary is the loss of my last name. It's been my protection from telemarketers for going on 25 years now. It's been the only determination when in class and not paying attention to role call and the teacher comes upon it and stumbles, much to my amusement, over the letters that are not pronounced. Essentially, it's been a security blanket for me for these long long years. And in one swift movement of a pen and a set of words can change it all. another thing is the whole single. Over the course of the years, being from the time that I was "allowed" (yes I use it loosely-you know my mother you'd know why) I've always been that single friend. The one who when it all falls out the bottom, I'm the one that everyone calls. Not that I mind, but with this certain possibility that I'm starting to feel okay with I just feel that those who have come to me as always being their Sad Sally will no longer come to me. We all know that I am a person who likes to take care of those who I love. And I can't just sit there-especially when I know something is going on.
All in all, yeah I'm kinda freaking out. For one, I don't know if it's going to happen but I guess we all shall see.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Nothing says loneliness like........
Posted by Sheena at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment